• Online Today: 38
  • Online Ever: 83
  • (October 12, 2016, 11:10:05 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 14
Total: 14

Please Read

Welcome to the Dawn of the Undead forums.

For the time being registration on the website is closed.

If you wish to get in touch with us or discuss joining the guild then please join our discord server, links to which you can find on the left hand side.

Thank you

Author Topic: Flippmo, Social Application [Accepted]  (Read 330 times)

Flippmo

• Forum Acolyte
  • Flippmo, Social Application [Accepted]
    « on: April 20, 2019, 08:33:26 AM »
    Firstly, hello! I stumbled upon your forum post and its great to see DOTU are still going strong on Turalyon!  I myself have been (for the most part) part of Turalyon for my whole wow career, some of you might recall the name, others won't.  I used to be a main HC raider with <NiceGuyz> back in the day during WoTLK which was the pinnacle of my WoW Journey, so its nice to see a familiar name again!

1) I have many toons (i think 9x 120s atm), given the length of time I've been playing so I'll list my possibly most common ones:
    Flippmo (H) (DK) -  https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/defias-brotherhood/flippmo
    Flipp (H) (Hunter) - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/turalyon/flipp
    Valentino (H) (Pala aka the one I'll likely be playing most from here on out) - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/turalyon/valentin%C3%B8
    Flippster (A) - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/argent-dawn/flippster
    Vicerious (A) - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/turalyon/vicerious

2) Provide link for your armoury: (See above - multitasking ;-P)

3) where are you from and how old are you?  I am from Ireland and I am 40 (JEEZ!)

4) If you could be one boss who would it be and why? Ooh easy.  I would be Anub'arak from ToGC in Wrath for bitter sweet reasons.  Back in Wrath when I was raiding with <Nice Guyz> we were going toe to toe with <Mortifera> for the server first kill on this fucker.  We were not more than a few minutes ahead, or possibly even seconds, going into the final phase of the encounter.  As I was a DK (with an over active curiosity) I always popped Army of the Dead during the Normal mode fight towards the final few % of the boss HP to add some extra DPS and secure the kill.  As it was the first time we had gotten close to the kill in HC, I decided (as the new guy in Nice Guyz) to seal my place in the record books and do the same again - all the while killing the new HC boss, securing the server first kill and engraving my name in Turalyons folklore for years to come.  To my horror, on the press of my Army of the Dead bind, was greeted with screams from the Raid Leader about who popped ARMY!!??? - It was around this time Flipp knew he had fucked up, and royally.  The Army taunted the boss, and the adds, drew threat away from the tanks and ultimately wiped the raid with 1% left on the Boss HP.  As if this wasn't bad enough, we were greeted with the Server first kill news by <Mortifera> shortly afterwards..... (on Hordeside at least) They didn't kick me (i would have) but lets just say, Flipp the legend of Turalyon didn't materialise lol.  Thankfully they were a very understanding bunch and we went on to enjoy ICC and the like without too much erm, bad feeling.  Thats my best and worst WoW story at the same time!  :\'(

5) Do you have an authenticator? Yes.

6) What achievement are you proudest to have accomplished? Please see above, not one overall acheivement, but when I first applied to Nice Guyz they declined my application and told me what I needed to do to be able to join.  I worked on my binds, my progression through lesser guilds and built up experience.  The difference between my declined application and my successful raider application was almost 2 years.  I linked the original one and made reference to their comments and what I had done since.  I  believe working hard on my toon, and my skills during that time paid great dividends and being part of a top EU guild at the peak of cutting edge progression shows that if you put the work in, then anything is possible.  Raiding with Nice Guyz was a great fun time in WoW and one that I hold dear.

7) Whats your current guild and why do you want to leave them? I don't really have a guild at the moment.  Shortly after ICC I got married and my stupid wife decided to have kids, so I've been faffing around with random guilds ever since, dabbling mostly in some pvp content (less time investment vs raiding) and my subscription to wow has been quite intermittent.

8.) Do you know anyone in DotU?  I'm not sure, I think I recall the Warlock Frere who used to be in the guild some time ago, I'm not sure if this is still the case.  Prior to joining Nice Guyz I raided with Eternal Shadows but I think they have been disbanded long ago.

9 ) Is insisting on mature language in guildchat: a) excellent! Finally  someone who wont take it anymore b) cramping your style c)
    censorship and the officers should get a sense of humor? Not too bothered but I'm irish and like the occasional Guinness while playing WoW, and the odd f**k here and there will definitely slip out....

10) should questions like these be taken serious at all?  What questions...I'm drunk applyling.

11) do you really want to join dotu or did you get rejected everywhere else? I don't know what I want, or how long I'll play for really but I think getting in somewhere decent could be a step in the right direction for me.  I'd only be applying for social atm, but I always seem to play at a higher level than what my ilvl would suggest.  I'm fully keybound, don't stand in fire and am a pretty good guy. 

Youtube channels:

and

Cheers dudes,
    Paul aka Flippmo aka Flipp aka He who drinks Guiness.
    « Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 07:31:35 PM by Moykky »

Moykky

• Officer |
    • Forum Lich
  • Re: Flippmo, Social Application
    « Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 10:21:16 PM »
    Hi Flippmo,

Thanks for a nice and throughout application :D

I think few of us Officers been out and about on Easter holidays, but we'll try and get your application looked at and get back to you soon  O0

Flippmo

• Forum Acolyte
    « Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 07:36:08 AM »
    Hey Moykky, no problem at all. Cheers for getting back to me. 👍

Moykky

• Officer |
    • Forum Lich
    « Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 07:17:00 PM »
    Hey Flippmo,

Could you add my btag Moykkymoo#2852.