• Total Topics: 2957
  • Online Today: 30
  • Online Ever: 83
  • (October 12, 2016, 11:10:05 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 16
Total: 16

Author Topic: Requesting to join [Accepted]  (Read 225 times)

bamm

• Forum Acolyte
  • Requesting to join [Accepted]
    « on: November 09, 2018, 04:46:46 PM »
    Hi

1) name, class, level, spec, alts
    Bamm, Priest, 120, Holy/Disc, arms-warrior

2) where are you from and how old are you?
    I'm from Denmark and I'm 34 years old.

3) If you could be one boss who would it be and why?
    I'd rather answer which bosses I like the most. Netherspite from Karazhan is the first boss i remember having a real good time with in a raid. Someone I knew had gotten the key to the raid (or maybe I had gotten it myself - I can't remember). I was invited to this "raid"-thing. I didn't really know what I was getting into, I just remember the atmosphere on vent and being a part of a group with a common objective. That dragon with the beam-mechanic was just so different from anything else I'd seen in the game, and the whole experience really made me want to get better at the game, so that I could better help my friends.
    Another boss i really like is the Heigan the Unclean (WotLK-edition), again this is more the experience of playing with friends; jumping around in that room avoiding the lava was just such a great time.

4) Do you have an authenticator?
    no (pls don't hack me)

5) What achievement are you proudest to have acomplished?
    For the Horde! (Slay the leaders of the Alliance).
    Again, this was the experience of working together with other players towards a common goal. This was back in 2011, I was playing with a couple of friends, just hanging around in Org waiting for arena queues, someone posted a message in /1 to go slay the alliance, we just joined, and suddently we are in this giant raid running around the world laying waste to Alliance cities. The Alliance fought back and it was just general good fun.

6) Whats your current guild and why do you want to leave them?
    dead, started on this server with a friend, and we signed a charter while leveling.

7) Do you know anyone in DotU?
    No

8 ) Is insisting on  mature language in guildchat: a) excellent! Finally  someone who wont take it anymore b) cramping your style c) censorship and the officers should get a sense of humor?
    I'll respect the rules of the guild, but I do feel that mature language and other expletives do add value to the conversation, to me its just more fun that way.

9) should questions like these be taken serious at all?
    Initially, I would say that they are a bit "out there", but now, after taking the time to really answer them, I do see how they can help to paint a picture of the person who is applying.

10) do you really want to join dotu or did you get rejected everywhere else?
    I'd really like to join. Like I've said above, I really enjoy playing this game with other people. And, I enjoy a good challenge, I found the guild through raider.io and it seems that you are not only a place to meet good people to enjoy the game with, but also a place where the game is "taken seriously", and where I can progress a little further than i would be able to otherwise.

A bit more about myself:

Reading what I have just written, I realize that most of the "good times", I've had in this game has been a long time ago. I stopped playing sometime during Cata, but I've come back for most of the xpacks. Each time hoping to get that "good time" feeling back. Only, in this expansion I've gotten a couple of new friends though playing M+ dungeons and it has really given me a taste of the social aspect of the game, and that has let me to apply to this guild. I hope to find a place where we can experience some of those "good times" :)
    I don't aspire to join the main raiding team initially, but I'd love to be able to join the odd normal/HC run.

P.S.
    I actually play on Doomhammer, but that shouldn't make a difference.
    « Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 10:20:26 PM by Moykky »

Grazzy

• Guild Master |
    • Forum Lich
  • Re: Requesting to join
    « Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 02:54:19 PM »
    Thank you for your application, an officer will contact you ingame.

- Grazzy

bamm

• Forum Acolyte
    « Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 12:44:16 AM »
    jamjam#2850

Moykky

• Officer |
    • Forum Lich
    « Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 06:10:02 PM »
    Hey, thanks for the btag, will add you, talk soon!

bamm

• Forum Acolyte
    « Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 08:53:12 PM »
    EDIT: I fleshed out my answers a bit.

Moykky

• Officer |
    • Forum Lich
  • Re: Requesting to join [Accepted]
    « Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 10:20:33 PM »
    Accepted!