• Total Topics: 2957
  • Online Today: 25
  • Online Ever: 83
  • (October 12, 2016, 11:10:05 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21

Author Topic: Sekiryu - Demon Hunter [Accepted]  (Read 119 times)

Sekiryu

• Forum Acolyte
  • Sekiryu - Demon Hunter [Accepted]
    « on: October 11, 2018, 01:26:47 AM »
    1) name, class, level, spec, alts
    My main character is Sekiryu the Demon Hunter. She's level 120, and has about equal tank and DPS gear. I consider myself fairly proficient at both specs.

The only alt of real note at this time is Byakurai, my level 120 priest. I'm most proficient with Holy although not too bad at Discipline. I gave up on Shadow early on since it's not a very strong spec right now but I still play it in some situations.

Byakurai was my main at the start of the expansion. I started leveling Sekiryu as an alt just because I wanted to have a tank and along the way, I enjoyed the class so much that I decided to switch mains.

2) where are you from and how old are you?
    I'm from the Netherlands and am 31 years old.

3) If you could be one boss who would it be and why?
    I don't think I could ever be a raid boss, I'm far too concerned with being good and doing what's right. If I had to pick one though, I'd be one with lots of difficult mechanics that requires perfect execution, but has great loot so that people would be well rewarded for beating me. I'd like to be the kind of boss that you don't actually kill, but 'bring to their senses' or something.

4) Do you have an authenticator?
    I have the Blizzard app that does the same thing.

5) What achievement are you proudest to have accomplished?
    It's hard to find a single thing to put here. The time I felt closest to the 'cutting edge' was back in Wrath of the Lich King, when I played a Draenei shaman called Shiron in Pure, which was still an Alliance guild at the time. I wasn't personally there for the realm-second kill of the Lich King on heroic, but the wipes that eventually led up to that kill will always have a warm space in my memory.

6) Whats your current guild and why do you want to leave them?
    My current guild is The Ranch. I started this expansion guildless, having decided to play Horde for the first time ever, and joined this guild after the guild leader whispered me to recruit me. I said 'what the heck' since I had no idea about how long I'd even be playing this expansion let alone if I wanted to raid or not and at what level of seriousness. When I started playing my Demon Hunter I raised the bar for myself, trying to work my way up to the higher mythic keystones and trying to get into somewhat more serious raiding. Unfortunately, there are very few people in the guild that have the same goals and aspirations I have.

7) Do you know anyone in DotU?
    Some of the names I saw on wowprogress looked familiar but I can't say with any certainty that I know anyone in the guild.

8 ) Is insisting on mature language in guildchat: a) excellent! Finally someone who wont take it anymore b) cramping your style c) censorship and the officers should get a sense of humor?
    The pedant in me wants to ask what would be considered 'mature language' but really, as long as the requirements aren't too outlandish I'm fine with anything. There are plenty of ways to communicate things to other people that don't involve guildchat after all, no need to bother people that might have a different sense of humour.

9) should questions like these be taken serious at all?
    I've never understood why people feel that guild formal guild applications are unnecessary. When it comes to work, it's very normal that you want to know something about the people you're considering spending your time with before you let them join your 'group'. When it comes to a game, suddenly that's not necessary even though you'll be spending similar amounts of time with them? Especially for our leisure time, it's important to spend that time with somewhat like-minded people, since you don't want to waste what little time you have to relax and play games on having personality clashes.

10) do you really want to join dotu or did you get rejected everywhere else?
    Dawn of the Undead is the first guild I am applying to in my search for a guild that will help me achieve my goals. It's always hard to tell from just the few written texts you have access to as an outsider, but my impression is that dotu is exactly the kind of guild I am looking for with the right balance between serious and casual. I don't have any plans to apply to any other guilds unless I get rejected.
    « Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 10:39:47 AM by Grazzy »

Bob

• Officer |
    • Forum Necromancer
  • Re: Sekiryu - Demon Hunter
    « Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 07:58:06 PM »
    Hi thanks for your application, we'll review and discuss this and get back to you.

Bob