• Total Topics: 2764
  • Online Today: 15
  • Online Ever: 83
  • (October 12, 2016, 11:10:05 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 8
Total: 8

Author Topic: Time to move on  (Read 242 times)

higgo

• Officer / Site Admin |
  • Forum Lich
  • Time to move on
    « on: March 06, 2017, 09:45:15 PM »
    Q: Where do old, tired warriors go when they need to rest?
    A: Silithus! Next to Bronzebeards camp!

Long story short, I play less and less and find myself kinda alienated from the game. Progress takes an effort even if it's just fishing and I'm usually too tired after work so I end up doing a world quest that leads nowhere. I decided I'm better of reading poetry in the bath tub or something.

I'm sure I'll be back at some point but for now my sub ends in 5 days. So what better way to celebrate than to honor those 5 days by sharing my top 5 WoW moments

1. Leaving the Den. Young Higgo lvl 2 or something dropped his jaw at the size of the world and when the wolfriders passed I knew this was special. That was quite a while ago

2. Winning the Stranglethorn fishing tournament for the first time. My heart never beat so fast as when I ran for the inn to return my fish. Still my most cherished trinket. I sometimes just turn into a fish and swim around on my own

3. Completing tier 0,5. That was a real adventure and a huge quest chain. The timed stratholme run was so much fun and wouldve been impossible without other dotu'ers like Doll, Kaz, Deadone, Hruk, Feagan, Tribal etc.

4. Leaving the main chair to Soul was hard but the right thing to do and he gratiously always told me he was "just borrowing my guild". It always felt like he meant it

5. The RL guild meets. So much fun to meet a lot of you guys in Stockholm, Göteborg, Amsterdam and Brighton. Roux, Dirky, Lapetitmorte, Droz, Kalsong, Bordo, Theaset, Verbascum, Deafknight, Bullrash, Tsum, DrBob etc etc. It really put something extra into the game.

Bah! I could go on forever. Obviously joining Dotu as my first guild "Heros of Thrall" was the first guild to be devoured by the Dotu merging machine

Love and affection to you all

A special salute for all officers and raid leaders. Past and present.

I almost wrote this entire thing without mentioning Zombina. The guild is still kicking ass, you would be proud. I know I am..

Oh yes! Also the fireworks! Dont stop doing that

Dirky

• Raid Planner Admin |
    • Forum Abomination
  • Re: Time to move on
    « Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 11:00:11 AM »

You'll be missed.
    When you get back, we'll expect some poetry from you :)

Hack

• Code Monkey |
    • Forum Lich
    « Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 09:52:38 AM »
    Well buddy..

It's taken me two days to get over the shock and upset that you have caused me ;)

Its been a long road so far and I doubt, much like Dirky says that the journey is totally over yet. I too have left the came and come back a few times over the years so I'd be surprised if I didn't see you pop back in at expansion times etc (having said that, I thought Kaz may have come back but that didn't happen.. actually, where did Soul bugger off to as well?).

I won't lie, be a shame not to see you online in the game as you are one of the VERY few original guild members from back in the day. I was quite relived when I came back before this expansion and saw your name was one of the recently active ones.. Everyone else in the guild, nope, not a clue who they were! (hmm.. this could make me the oldest active member now?).

The game has changed so much over the years, I used to log in to just muck about but these days other than raiding there just doesn't seem to be much to do which I would say makes for genuine character progress, or if there is.. it's a grind.

Shame we didn't have more time for those relaxed dungeon runs we did a few weeks ago, I don't have as much time to give to this game these days other than grinding mats and AP for raiding..

Overall, hope that this isn't this last I see of you in game. I know we had patches over the last 10 years or so where we had slight disagreements about various things (dawn raiders spin off! lol) but as I said, it kinda won't be the same in my eyes without seeing you about online. Have a read back through some of the old news posts if you get time, some good memories in there.

If I don't see you back in the next expan or before I'll pop down to Silithus and say hiya.. (who knows, I could get stuck there one day too!)

Take care
    /respect

Hack / Sam

P.S Before you go, can you resend that website back end access email again please? Hoping that the officers will also look into taking the hosting over properly now that you are retiring as well!
    Hack, Ryot, Hackmage, Mooer, Asylum, Hackster, Slinkee, Boneyman..
    Back and still being a sucky Arms warrior!

Boxer

• Forum Lich
    « Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 07:23:50 PM »
    Take your time Higgo, old Dotu bones needs a rest.

Cheers,
    Boxer