• Total Topics: 2753
  • Online Today: 12
  • Online Ever: 83
  • (October 12, 2016, 11:10:05 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 13
Total: 14

Author Topic: New theme, New Look, New Pants :)  (Read 167 times)

Hack

• Code Monkey |
  • Forum Lich
  • New theme, New Look, New Pants :)
    « on: December 14, 2016, 12:49:25 PM »
    Good afternoon DotU peeps..

All being well you should now be seeing the new theme for the website. I have been making this up for the last few months (hey, I have two jobs and like to slack too!) with feedback from the officers. For the most part the site is kinda done (yes, there are a few little tweaks that need making). Layouts have changed ever so slightly so it may take a few mins to work where things have gone and what has replaced them.

1/ New shoutbox on the Forum index page (and each forum page, only hides on the front page) which is a little more robust than the previous one, allows you to view shout history and hopefully it won't delete content after 24 hours like the previous one did (oh and it spams you when someone posts a new thread or reply).

2/ I have mucked about with the codebase of the site and made it work somewhat on mobile phones.. on a smaller screen you will and do loose some features at the moment (basically, anything that is on the left column) but you should be able to use the site now without having to zoom in and out all the time.

As usual, if you have any feedback or suggestions for what you would like to see added or changed then feel free to let me know and I'll see what I can do for it :)

(and yes, I am taking advantage of my mighty forum 'overlord admin code hacking' ranking to make this post on the front page :P )

Hack :D
    « Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 10:06:14 PM by Hack »
    Hack, Ryot, Hackmage, Mooer, Asylum, Hackster, Slinkee, Boneyman..
    Back and still being a sucky Arms warrior!