• Total Topics: 2924
  • Online Today: 8
  • Online Ever: 83
  • (October 12, 2016, 11:10:05 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 5
Total: 5

Author Topic: question about raid loot  (Read 7367 times)

rapsodie

• Forum Abomination
  • question about raid loot
    « on: January 19, 2013, 01:16:51 PM »
    hello fellow raiders and officers.

i have a question, i cant find it anywhere in forum but it might have been discussed earlier.

i know some might be offended by what i am going to type but understand this is just a question based on how i feel without pointing fingers to any of the officers or my fellow raiders.

So here we go :
    Dont we have a rule in guild with raiding wich states 1 epic loot drop per person ? Last raid one person got lucky with three epic items and was very happy...at least i hope so. but for the same effort we as well could have made three persons just as happy as well.

How do we stand in a situation like this ? do we have rules or an agreement on this ?

even though none of the items dropped were usefull to me, so understand i did and do not have desired either one of those items. But i felt a bit weird about it and would like to speak about that.

thank you for reading this and i hope for adult responses on how we might be a bit more sharing next time ?

greets Raps

life is like a box of chocolats, u never know what ur gonna get...

goregutz

• Forum Abomination
  • Re: question about raid loot
    « Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 01:30:38 PM »
    only reason was there was only 1 person could use the items.rather they had stuff for os rather than waste it.and we norm look at what each other has item wise.if its a massive up grade from say blue to 489  id happily let them have my role on item.its just bit common sense really not rules.i seem to remember we had this chat for firelands i think.any way thats just my thoughts:>
    « Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 01:49:11 PM by goregutz »

rapsodie

• Forum Abomination
    « Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 01:51:35 PM »
    euh not really 1 person..there were 2 persons for one epic mail ms item. 1 for os mail epic item. and 3 for epic pattern.

so honest thing to do is ask if the person who could have used the os item if he wanted it..yes ? here u go..there is your epic for tonight.
    no ? DE so another person might have use for the bloodshard also needed for epic items. Epic mail ms item ? ..if first would have accepted the os item...then second person would have been happy..then the pattern...well would that not have been nice for the third.

yes..its a matter of choice..but still i felt weird about how it went now. and i dont know what i would have done if this would be me...
    i think i would really felt a bit gutted...tbh...also in other raids sometimes it is asked to a guildie to step aside so another person would as well get some loot. I did not see that happen this time either. again...matter of choice..and again..not pointing fingers to anybody..just like to have an open discussion about this.

and yes if the items would have dropped from diffrent bosses or what ever it would also be a whole diffrent situation.. still it happened like it did...so i would really still like to ask...why not take a look at an agreement on 1 epic loot per raid per person ?

raps

deafknight

• SmiteLord of the Shrimps!
    • Forum Lich
    « Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 02:37:48 PM »
    Sounds like the old dkp problem. There is a lot of clothies, so perhaps it is a roster problem?

An alternative is granting one loot, then you roll as OS after that.

Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

goregutz

• Forum Abomination
    « Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 03:09:31 PM »
    so then u get in the situation where u get 1 item.some 1 else rolls os on a item after that, that is massive upgrade for u.so 1 item isnt allways full proof as you get conflict between ms os

jopriestess

• Guest |
    Re: question about raid loot
    « Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 03:39:23 PM »
    Ok, this was on my last raid as hunter. The shaman with us won the pattern (3 rolled), the agility chest (me and him rolled), and got the intellect chest as offspec as no one else would use it.

For the important item, the agility chest, we were both on 483 LFR non tier chests, so it was an upgrade for both in the same way.

We're both regular raiders, so the item benefits the guild whichever player gets it.

The problem here is not that raid or player or item, is a system that does not guarantee any reward to regular raiders and decent performers who happen not be in the list of Mr Random Number Generator's best friends.

I admit to being immature: I like to inspect players and admire those who wear gear from raid bosses: "this guy has killed boss X in heroic!"

This said, after various months of regular raiding, with the exception of the weeks around the house move, I have managed exactly TWO pieces of loot: one (cape) I think in November, and one (offhand) last week when my priest was already raiding as alt.

Of course, we always have priests, warlocks and often a mage in group, so it's always 3-4 people rolling on an item. With the hunter, if I do not get the item this time, I will probably get it the next as I roll against 1 or 2 players maximum.

I have now requested blood spirits for the epic crafted mail chest, but it does NOT mean the same to me.

I want some loot that shows I DO raid, and if I cannot get it I will have to move to a guild with dkp or some other system that WILL guarantee I eventually get some loot from normal raids.

I am sick and tired of being the queen of LFR and gold farming so that I can always have the best gear available to non raiders.

This, again, is about the loot system, and not about one player or one raid.

goregutz

• Forum Abomination
    « Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 07:37:53 PM »
     i think the prob is theres soooo many clothies.healer,dps what ever.mail leather even plate dont have as much of a prob.clothies do shit out full stop

goregutz

• Forum Abomination
    « Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 07:56:39 PM »
    had the same when we had niak tanking .i could never out bid him as he had every raid covered dkp sucked 4 me.plate had hard time in the past .clothies are screwed atm.its not  a new prob.theres never any chance of all being happy.hopefully common sense will win.if its small gain 4 all, all roll. big gain give to that person.as 4 recipes.i think they are a bonus.most the time by the time u get the mats there out dated any way so i dont see prob there.as i said recipe=bonus
    « Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 10:22:33 PM by goregutz »

deafknight

• SmiteLord of the Shrimps!
    • Forum Lich
    « Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 10:48:41 PM »
    i still have fond memories of dkp, like the bid storm for the axe just before it became obsolete :-)

we should kill more bosses to have more drops! :-)

Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

goregutz

• Forum Abomination
    « Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 11:43:22 PM »
    i agree deaf win win:>

Zombade

• Forum Lich
    « Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 11:45:59 PM »
    As long as the loot is going to people who benefit the raid I'm all ok even If one person wins them all.
    what came first, chicken or egg? tauren laid eggs

Tsum

• Forum Banshee
    « Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 07:43:39 AM »
    ok. some explaining needs here.

Tuesday raid it dropped a pattern... 3 ppl rolled I won.
    Then after some wipes we killed the boss in HoF ( first time I did HoF on a Thursday) and first out was a Agi mail chest. Me and jo rolled. I won.  Tsum is my only character and I have been playing enhancements sense day 1 with him. Of c I roll on a agi chest that is a upgrade. Second loot is a int mail chest. That just I can use in the grouper on OS. And a upgrade also for me,
    the system we use I DOTU is rolling on loot, MS first the OS, no OS we DE.  Rolling is not always fair, Blizzard sometimes seem to sabotage your rolls but sometimes u get high rolls.. Not offend but it happens.

If ppl have a problem that I got 3 things last  raid  I gladly can discuss this with them.. Don't really see why its a topic on forum.
    If ppl disagree with looting system make a topic but don't include me plez.
    We have a guildmaster and officers that making the rules here... Talk to them.

Finely , yes I am quiet pissed over this.. And don't see why ppl threatening leaving guild b/c  I got  the luck this time. For ppl that not know I just have 1 character, 1 lv 90, I do have a life outside wow, I have been playing seen 2006  mixing wow with wife 2 kids work and a social life.
    What's the F* prob her?

Tsum
    For the moment a pissed Swede....

jopriestess

• Guest |
    « Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 08:58:01 AM »
    The problem is that the system is not fair and I want it changed.

This sort of things keep happening.

I will only say one thing: a lot of people, like you did, will not give up their loot to someone else if asked.

Others, particularly women, will ALWAYS give it up.

I do not think I can count how many times I have been asked to give up loot to someone else, and I know the same has happened to Vildra at least.

Among clothies, there is more competition and many of the boys have also been checking each others' gear and given up something if they thought it was a better upgrade somewhere else.

You got a whisper from an officer, I get publicly asked on Mumble sometimes!

But as "you are busy and have a life", you may not notice, or may not know that you are wearing 11? pieces of normal raid loot while I have a total of 2 among 2 characters having started raiding with 4/5 preparatory nights even before official guild raids started.

The question is not you, or the mail chest - it is that I raid and want to have something to show for it, which I would have in a guild that used dkp, or loot council, or also roll but write down who rolled : you lost 4 rolls? 5th item is ours by default - any system but this that rewards pure luck and penalizes more generous people.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 11:00:48 PM by jopriestess »

rapsodie

• Forum Abomination
    « Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 09:05:21 AM »
    well i am sorry u feel like this tsum,

like i said in my first post...this is not about you.. i just want to know what rules are in raid for i thought it was one epic per raid.
    clearly its not.  and clearly this is a topic about our loot system not about you. if other people feel the need to speak about this, thats their concern not mine

i just wanted to ask about this and let people know i wanted to know, instead of doin so in private or what ever. so i know what to expect when this happens to me...o wait silly me...this will never happen to me for i have raps...she doesnt even have an offspec !! Ow wait..she is a jwc...hmmm no jwc patters drop in raid...hmm ow wait there are a lot of cloth wearing raiding people in raid..so what are my chances to get loot ??  euh almost zero..
    ow and then it gets worse...i play wow since 2005...am a working mom, with two kids AND a husband AND a life..damn i am really pathetic..  was this sarcasme ? ...hell yes !

does this matter ?  not really  ? ...am i without epic ?  no not at all !  was this post being made to complain i hardly get loot in our raids ?  no not at all ! was this post being made because its hard inough for me as a clothie to even get in a raid ?  no not at all !  i enjoy raiding with dotu and intend to keep doin so.

i just feel i have the right to ask about something out in the open if i feel something is not really fair. wether this is about me or somebody else. If that creates a pissed swede wel so be it. 
    That was not my intention and i think when u calm down and think about it you will see that as well.

raps

jopriestess

• Guest |
    « Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 09:14:29 AM »
    Anyway, this is the last time I get guildies commenting my personal life on public forums.

Yours is a passing comments, but in the past I have been heavily insulted by other people, though the officers have been vey careful at removing the posts.