• Total Topics: 2934
  • Online Today: 11
  • Online Ever: 83
  • (October 12, 2016, 11:10:05 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 9
Total: 9

Author Topic: Best recruitment thread ever.  (Read 1614 times)

Soulslayerd

• Moo000oooo
  • Officer |
  • Forum Lich
  • Best recruitment thread ever.
    « on: April 12, 2010, 11:37:17 AM »
    Some guild on some lesser realm:

Q: When do you raid?
    A: In theory, we start at 6:15 PM server time on Tuesday. In practice, once we've got about about 18-20 people we go do onyxia, then VOA if we have it. If we're lucky, we'll have about 22-23 people in raid by the time we finish, so it's off to TOC we go. By the time we're killing anub we'll generally have a full raid, although sometimes we won't. Then we ritually wipe a couple times to heroic NRB so we can still say we're a progression guild. Many people will disappear until an h-toc-10 run is scheduled some time mid-week and/or the following tuesday. I think we're supposed to do 'raiding thing' on tuesdays, wednesdays, and thursdays at the same time, so be prepared for that come patch 3.3

Q: How does loot work?
    A: In theory, when an item drops, everyone interested links what they have and says whether they want it for mainspec, offspec, and if they've gotten loot so far that night, then the loot council decides. In practice, everyone who wants a drop links what they have, most of those involved pass because there's someone who clearly needs the drop more than the rest, the Loot Council argues in officer chat for a minute, and eventually they ask whoever still wants it to roll.

Except for trophies, which we all /roll for. I don't understand this either.

Unless you're a tank. When a tank item drops, the tanks argue amongst themselves who should get the drop and then tell the loot guy who they decided should get it. Why the rest of the drops don't use this system has never been adequately explained to me.

Q: Any attendance requirements?
    A: There are no hard rules besides that if you sign up for a raid, be there on time. Soulfire is adding spikes to his booterang.

Q: Arr-pee?
    A: Nope.

Q: What are you really looking for?
    A:
    -DPS in general. We are hurtin' bad, man. If you can crank out 5-6k on a fight like NRB -right now-, we will probably take you regardless of class or spec.
    -Druids. We have an undergeared feral and one resto druid. I think our ideal druid would be a boomkin/resto dual-spec sort.
    -An enhancement shaman. We don't have a single dedicated enhancement shaman.
    -A DPS warrior. We have one and he's really reliable, but another would be good. He's fury now but is often arms.
    -Retadin. We have one, but we're making him tank a lot, so another would be good.
    edit: also a mage and an spriest.

Q: How much DPS do most people do?
    A: Depends a lot on the fight. The best DPS do 7k-8k and constantly ask themselves why they aren't in Apex. Most of them do 5.5k-7k. The bad DPS hover around 5k or less and live in mortal fear of the day we solve our recruiting problems.

Q: PVP?
    A: Not really. We'll show up as a guild and smash WG if it's raid time and we want VOA. There are a couple gladiators in the guild. I wouldn't describe us as a PVP guild.

Q: Am I going to get yelled at for being bad?
    A: Probably not. We will talk about you darkly behind your back and someone might whisper you to see if they can improve your game. Mishane might grumble at you if you die in the fire.

Q: Do I have to yell at people?
    A: I don't think there's any vent requirement, but I get the feeling my unwillingness to talk on vent gets me some derision from a few officers.

Q: Will you get me shadowmourne?
    A: I don't think there's been any discussion of this. I'm pretty sure it'll be a unanimous decision that Thyrm gets our first Shadowmourne.

Q: Alts?
    A: There are a couple hard-core altoholics in the guild. There is a soft, general hostility to alts hoovering up gear in raids, unless you say you're "switching mains" then we will continually gear new mains for you. I don't understand how this works either.

Q: Why should I join your guild instead of Apex?
    A: Because Apex won't take you, scrubo.

Q: Why should I join your guild instead of The Maligned Alliance, Triumph, Nox Natus Iterim, Remnants, or Colossus, all of which have the exact same progression?
    A: The biggest benefit to Subterfuge is that you don't need to spend much of your game time doing anything but raiding. For people of raider rank, which happens pretty quick after you join, the guild'll cover all of the enchants for your main spec set, plus all of your repairs, flasks, pots, and food. For craftable BOEs, we'll cough up the crusader orbs for you for your main set. You're on your own for offspecs and your pvp set(s). Our relatively small player base means you are pretty much guaranteed a 25-man slot every week if you show up on time.
    Correction: Even non-officers can get their gems comped! I just never thought to ask.

Q: Who do I talk to to join?
    A: Armory us, bug any Officer, and they might make you a recruit. Try Tinymouse, Mishane, Soulfire, Thyrm.

Q: Bank tabs?
    A: 6.

Q: Do you have a cool tabard?
    A: It is a lobster.
    ................(___)..........
    .................|Oo|...........
    .......... /```` oo).........
    ........./ |_____O MOoo..
    .......*...L......L..............

Frenkster

• Big tree of happines
    • Forum Frost Wyrm
  • Re: Best recruitment thread ever.
    « Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 12:56:33 PM »
    Q: Do you have a cool tabard?
    A: It is a lobster.

That one did it for me, were can i join  :o
    Let the force surround your leaves and branches

deafknight

• SmiteLord of the Shrimps!
    • Forum Lich
    « Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 06:22:34 PM »
    my old dotu recruitment post!!

Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

Astoriculus

• Forum Lich
    « Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 10:57:13 PM »
    Deaf failed to understand the purpose of the thread. No matter, we love you all the same

Gibman

• Forum Lich
    « Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 05:35:59 PM »
    I think deaf was refering to the recruitment post he did for dotu on the wow forums a while back :P

deafknight

• SmiteLord of the Shrimps!
    • Forum Lich
    « Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 03:40:35 PM »
    I think deaf was refering to the recruitment post he did for dotu on the wow forums a while back :P

indeed :D

i already applied to that guild, but they couldn't stand my awesomeness and declined for the greater good :D

Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.