• Total Topics: 2934
  • Online Today: 14
  • Online Ever: 83
  • (October 12, 2016, 11:10:05 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 10
Total: 10

Author Topic: Gup is quitting  (Read 1677 times)

Gup

• Forum Necromancer
  • Gup is quitting
    « on: October 13, 2009, 08:13:01 PM »
    Hello my dotu friends,

Well this is the end for Gup in WoW. Somewhere in the following days i will delete all my chars and end my account.

I started playing WoW about 4 years ago. Soon i came in contact with DotU and joined them in the end of 2005 and started raiding in the burning crusade. Kara, gruul etc. etc. Actually, my first dotu raid was kara. We tried moroes and i was nervous as hell. Kara was, for me, the most fun ever in the game: casual raiding with 9 friends.

I allways tried to give it all i got in the raids and allways wanted to top damagemeters. Never really wanted the gear, but preferred to raid with people who gave it all and fought as a team. Sometimes it didnt work, but when it did it were great moments. I still recall our first gruul kill as it was yesterday, where we killed gruul and hack died 2 secs later.

Near the end of the burning crusade, i left dotu to go and explore the game from another point of view. Was guildless for some time but joined mortifera for some raiding. Had fun in there but the raiding was to serious and hardcore for me.

After some months i went back to dotu, but i never really got to the level again where i was spamming firestuff at raid bosses with dotu friends.

Real life caught up on me. I started my own business and i have to say that money keeps coming my direction and my business is starting to grow out of proportion.

This, and the fact that i have a girlfriend who wants my attention (and i happily give it to her ofc), results in me leaving wow. This also means I have to say goodbye to a lot of people who I consider a friend.

I am starting a new phase in my life. Will start to find a house soonish, prolly will create some sort of children etc. etc. I will be playing till I have spoken most of the people I know. Hope you guys whisp me in game to say goodbye.
    But if you don’t, I wish you all good luck, a lot of fun and a long and healthy life. Thanks for all the fun you gave me, in good and bad times.
    Goodbye all……

Gup

Heuf

• Forum Frost Wyrm
  • Re: Gup is quitting
    « Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 08:15:21 PM »
    Dont delete the chars! quit subscription ok! If u ever miss us come back :D

And offcourse goodluck picking up your real life mate!

May the force be with you

Doll

• Forum Lich
    « Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 08:20:05 PM »
    Another one bites the dust! ;)

Good luck to you Gup and take care in life, have fun building a family and getting a house! :)

Doll

Doll 80 Warlock - Itch 74 Priest - Bemi 80 Paladin - Cork 70 Rogue
    Mooq 70 Druid - Groin 70 Hunter - Onic 70 Mage - Past 71 Warrior
    Trickzy 76 Shaman - Skorpan 70 Death Knight

krzysio

• Officer |
    • Forum Frost Wyrm
    « Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 08:59:24 PM »
    Don't delete your account! :)

Gup, GL in your Life, GL with creating family, GL with business.

It's always bad news that good, friendly player want to end with wow but Life >>>>> wow! so GL!

Krzysio

Kazz

• Forum Lich
    « Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 10:49:15 PM »
    Been a fun few years, all the best mate :) and keep in touch!
    Retired

2005-2016

AKA Reshka, AKA Kazilk, AKA Kazzul, AKA Grand Masta Flash
    Steam

Cuza

• Forum Frost Wyrm
    « Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 04:10:49 AM »
    Dear Gup,

Mate, if you want my advice... don't quit... you'll regret it.

Deal with it man... there's way to work around shit... the game aint what it was, we all know that. Death Knights ffs... but, the whole part of the game is about enjoying that little piece of escapism, the tiny shred of knowing you have a guild, a bunch of folk you havent even met before in life who are 10 million times better than all the other ****s playing this game you love... curb it man, but dont quit for good... I nearly made that mistake, but got lucky.

my girlfriend HATES me playing... and you know fine well why!
    just chill man... same thing am gonna do... DotU & Azeroth will wait patiently for you, whilst a menstrual girl wont, a wise man once said to me, RL > WoW :)

take care man

Cuza x

Norix

• Forum Abomination
    « Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 07:20:15 AM »
    Good luck with everything.

And I agree with u, Kara was the most fun raid ever ;)

Noxie

• Forum Banshee
    « Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 08:07:28 AM »
    I hope you just freeze your account, and don't delete the characters you already have...

And I agree with what's being said, I think Kara was the funniest raid to do and just a few days ago me and Norix went to that place again. Even had the music on even if it used to drove me nuts back in the days when we did Kara every week :)

Sounds like you have a very busy RL now, and I wish you all the best!

deafknight

• SmiteLord of the Shrimps!
    • Forum Lich
    « Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 08:12:13 AM »
    Real life caught up on me. I started my own business and i have to say that money keeps coming my direction and my business is starting to grow out of proportion.

This, and the fact that i have a girlfriend who wants my attention (and i happily give it to her ofc), results in me leaving wow. This also means I have to say goodbye to a lot of people who I consider a friend.

Hey mate, i read only good news in what you said :-)

Do whatever you want with those pixels, RL > WoW ... just drop by here from time to time to give news, ok? :D

Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.