• Total Topics: 2911
  • Online Today: 16
  • Online Ever: 83
  • (October 12, 2016, 11:10:05 AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 5
Total: 8

Author Topic: BWL and NI / DOTU  (Read 3604 times)

Thruud

• Guest |
BWL and NI / DOTU
« on: November 24, 2006, 03:53:48 PM »
Afternoon all!

Some of you may know me, some of you may not. Allow me to introduce myself for those of you that don't. I'm Thruud (my user name probably gave that away already huh) - I'm one of the officers of Novus Initium: a 60 warrior, one of the main tanks, and a general dogsbody.  ;D

I hope you don't mind me posting on your forums - you're more than welcome at our site any time as well, feel free. http://novusinitium.org I'll get the kettle on for you.  :D

The reason for me being here, is that as a guild our next step is to take Blackwing Lair out. We've got Ragnaros down a few times now, Onyxia on farm, blah blah. You may be wondering what this has to do with you?

Currently we're looking at ways to fill raids for BWL as while sometimes we've been able to, sometimes more recently we've been unable to achieve the full 40. MC and Ony are no problems to fill, but seems people are frightened of Razorgore. I was wondering at this stage if you're experiencing the same problem... Perhaps your members and our members could benefit each other...

Zombina

• Forum Frost Wyrm
  • Re: BWL and NI / DOTU
    « Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 04:01:07 PM »
    Welcome to DotU World, Thruud :)

In terms of raid progress, we're just a little behind you guys; we got Ony on farm but only relieved Ragnaros of his loot on a couple of occasions so far.

My first experience of Razorgore was in a group with only one other person - we got him down to 99% and he was definately looking worried but we decided to spare him this time as we hadn't sorted out a loot system.

Since then, we have only had one serious attempt in a proper raid, with our second coming up on Monday (hopefully).

Afraid of him? Naah... I suspect some might be afraid of the repair costs though...

Bring it on I say!

Cheers,
    Zomb
    x
    Disclaimer: No bloodelves were harmed during the creation of this post

Thruud

• Guest |
    Re: BWL and NI / DOTU
    « Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 04:04:07 PM »
    Thanks, I feel a little strange posting on other guild forums but nice to know I'm welcome here. :)

So did you guys and girls manage to get all his eggs down on that attempt, and did you completely fill the raid?

Questions, questions, eh? ;)

Zombina

• Forum Frost Wyrm
    « Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 04:10:35 PM »
    Of course you are welcome :)
    Mirandol, who is lurking as I type is also welcome to post on here too - these forums aren't exclusively for DotU members.

From memory, which is a bit hazy, I believe we had three attempts with a full raid.
    I think our best attempt (which might have been the first try) saw us get down to 9 eggs remaining.

Z

Thruud

• Guest |
    « Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 04:21:32 PM »
    Our best attempt was actually *not* with a full 40. :S That was the week before last, I was controlling him and we got him down to 6 eggs left with - I think - 36 people.

My tiny mind's working overtime at the moment trying to further us in BWL... ;)

Zombina

• Forum Frost Wyrm
    « Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 04:25:19 PM »
    We seem to do better at Onyxia with around 32 rather than a full raid. I guess we can spread out better and therefore less Deep Breaths

Z

Mirandol

• Guest |
    « Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 04:43:19 PM »
    Same here Zomb we always seem to struggle on Onyxia with a full 40 for some reason, we always aim to try and fill the debuff slots spread out and cross our fingers  :D More often than not its in the balance with only a few left up at the end..(my favourite boss encounter in wow by miles).

On the subject of joint raiding would love a chance to do BWL and as NI and DotU both seem to struggle with 40 cant think of a better group of people to share the experience ;)

Lots to discuss between the officers of both guilds before we get carried away though.
    « Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 05:08:52 PM by Mirandol »

Hack

• Code Monkey |
    • Forum Lich
    « Reply #7 on: November 24, 2006, 05:06:23 PM »
    My opinion on this is pretty much the same. Apart from the run Z had in there as stated above we actually went in there (BWL) with only 23people and managed to take out something like half the eggs on one of the first goes. Definitely doable, just a case of getting a well structured team up and running for it.

Hopefully, if this did happen between the two guilds it would maybe allow us to learn and progress further into BWL. Anyway, as Miran said it still needs lots of discussion before anything could maybe happen.
    Hack, Ryot, Hackmage, Mooer, Asylum, Hackster, Slinkee, Boneyman..
    Back and still being a sucky Arms warrior!

Newfrontier

• Guest |
    « Reply #8 on: November 24, 2006, 06:39:24 PM »
    I like the idea about a combined effort alot, but you shouldn't had invited me to the NI forums, because now i'll go over there and make it sillier then most think is possible!..... or at least sign up...

NF

Quoth

• Guest |
    « Reply #9 on: November 24, 2006, 07:19:17 PM »
    Repair bills are actually more horrifing than Raze :)  Last run there cost me "only 25G", not to mention pots and food. It took us like 13 runs to get Raze down, but after that it sort of clicked together. Vael is a different matter ;)

Synth

• Guest |
    « Reply #10 on: November 24, 2006, 07:36:08 PM »
    I myself cannot wait to enter the realm of BWL, regardless of the repair bills or not :D The razorgore fight itself seems to be more about organisation and communication more than anything else, so i imagine it will take a few tries to take him down. Hopefully il be there to nab any t2 that drops :D

Thruud

• Guest |
    « Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 02:11:12 AM »
    It's nice to see everyone so positive about the idea, thanks all! :)

Oh and as for the invite to the NI forums, trust me, you couldn't possibly make it any sillier than it already is... :D

I'll be discussing this within NI, rest assured, and I suspect you folks will do much the same. I guess at some point we'll just have to get our heads together and work out the best way to do it. There are things like DKP (though we use the same system as you I believe, we need to do a 0 start "joint" DKP page I suspect to make it fair), class balances, who goes and who doesn't (as there'll only be 20 slots for each guild), and so on...

We live in interesting times, it's been said... Ciao for now!

grandcornu

• Guest |
    « Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 08:41:00 PM »
    i'm really looking forward to see new stuff, and i dont fear some good refreshing wipes in the process ... :)

i must have raided a few times with NI in the past, and i get good memories of it :)
    say hello to ahmed if he's still in your guild btw :-)

Thruud

• Guest |
    « Reply #13 on: November 29, 2006, 09:14:33 AM »
    Hi Grandcornu, sadly Ahmed left us a little while ago to join Big Meanies and is having lots of fun there. We do still chat in game though so I'll mention you next time I see him. :)

Sorry this post got a little lost, RL got in the way of a lot of my WoW time lately. How DARE it??! ;)

Horngirl

• Guest |
    « Reply #14 on: December 02, 2006, 02:59:52 PM »
    Hi Thruud!

This idea about NI and DotU working together intregues me (i believe i spelt it right *get's omega big dictionary*).
    But i'm all for it, the learning experience shall be good for both of us...

(Also, i remember raiding with you guys, tis was fun ^_^)

/Horngirl  8)